Sunday 26 August 2007

Chillaxing Saturday (25.08.07)

Junee woke me up this morning at like 8:30am to drive her to Chinese school, man...so much for sleeping in after going out Friday night! Anyhoo...mum duties had to be executed, so I got up and did my part, trying really hard to keep my eyes open on the road. Got home and went straight up stairs to crash back into bed, only to get a blood nose. I was so tried that I just sat on my bed holding my nose together while trying to sleep sitting up right. God knows how long I was in that position for before I realized that the nose bleed had stopped and lay down.

A couple of hours later my alarm went off and I had to get up to meet Junee at Box Hill for some lunch as I thought that I'd better spoil her a bit since she's been such an angel helping out with all the dinner cooking etc... at home! We went to a Viet/Thai restaurant on Carrington Rd. and treated ourselves to the "Special Lunch Set Menus". Junee got set menu A which included: fried wantons for entree and chicken in lemon grass sauce with rice for mains. I got set menu B which was: rice paper rolls for entree, prawns in ginger sauce for mains and I also had a banana cake for dessert (which I shared with Junee). I thought it was quite weird to have banana cake for dessert in an Asian restaurant, thinking that they would have the normal baked banana cakes. However, I soon realized that this wasn't the case. It was actually some type of sweet glutinous rice dish with bananas through it, served in banana leaves. Delicious. It was such a nice lunch as the weather was so sunny and we sat outside soaking up as much sunlight as we could. Afterwards...we went for a walk to a newly opened Veggie bakery to have a look see. Being such pigs...we ended up buying a custard scroll to share before heading home ;P (gluttony is a sin)!

Once we got home, i couldn't get over how nice and warm the weather was still, so I ended up finding my collapsible sun chair and dragging it into the garden and snoozing under the sun! Just like summer times....I can't wait till summer comes back! I actually fell into deep sleep, only to be woken up 2 hours later from being cold as it had turned a bit windy and my cheeks also felt a bit burnt :( It was so nice to be able to just bum around and do nothing in particular in the house... exactly what I needed! I got organized too, and updated my blog entry for Friday night. I thought this was a pretty good effort, considering the fact that it was being done BEFORE the weekend was over (unlike the last couple of weeks)! I also baked some of Stuart's Beer Bread and ended up just nibbling on it the whole day...it's so yummy!

Beer Bread

Korean Inari

Areum (the kwaii Korean student that is staying with us for this term) also made us all some Korean style Inari for dinner, so we didn't even have to cook! Bonus! The main differences between the Korean & Japanese Inaris that I've had are that, the Japanese soy bean pockets are larger and sweeter. Also the Japanese have more vinegar in their rice fillings, whereas the Korean ones have different seeds that are mixed in with the rice filling, but not as much vinegar! I liked this Korean version better actually. We watched Die Hard 2 on DVD as well...and surprisingly I didn't really like it that much... I remember really liking Die Hard 1 when I watched it back in the days... but the acting in Die Hard 2 was pretty bad and the lines were a lot more cornier than I remember! Maybe it's one of those movies that you watch when you are younger and thought was totally awesome...but when you go back to it you realize how crap it really was?? don't know?? Should I go and watch Die Hard 4? That is the question!
Anyhoo... had a super enjoyable day doing nothing in particular :)

No comments: