Thursday 20 September 2007

Postgraduate Ball (14.09.07)

Here I go again, being completely slack with updating my blog!

So, last Friday was the postgraduate ball!! After weeks of anticipation and being psyched, I was surprisingly quite "over it" by Friday morning (loL). Probably due to having to shop for ball stuff and not being able to find anything that I had in mind. However, as the day progressed my enthusiasm picked up after chatting to the ACBers about last year's ball, and I was ready to have a good time by the time I left work.

I managed to leave Uni early, bought a last minute clutch at Central and got home around 5pm. This meant I could snooze which was sweet as. After a 30min power nap I felt totally rested and started prepping myself for the ball. Liz also came over with her kool eye shadow and helped me get ready (Thanx Liz)! Before long I was A-OK and ready to go!

voilĂ !

Ginger (being the super duper sister that she is!) had offered to be my driver for the night so when we were both ready to roll, we picked up PowPow, Markdot and Studds before heading to the Eureka tower. We kinda got lost driving around South Bank, trying to reach the Eureka tower by just driving towards it instead of actually looking it up on the melways (loL). Anyhoo...we eventually made it...and I told Ginger & PowPow to loiter around till I suss out whether I could sneak them into the ball or not.

YAY! Ready to roll

Markdot, Studds and myself made our way into the Eureka tower. First of all, we got our tix checked downstairs...this is when I found out that I had won a door prize! YAY...Hooray, Hoorah, Hoorow! It was a bottle of Chandon Brut which I had to remember to pick up on the way out. Then from there onwards we enter a room where the lift is...and then just up the lift into a narrow corridor...and we were there! It seemed simple enough...they took our ticket stubs, but we kept the actual tix. After I got up there, I had a quick look around before taking Markdot and Studd's tix with me back down stairs and gave them to Ginger & PowPow. The exit was actually through the gift store of the Eureka tower, so I didn't actually pass the same people that checked tix for our entrance. This made it even better as the whole "operation" would've seemed less suss. Before I went back to ball, I explained to Ginger & PowPow how to get up there, and told them to just look confident and pretend that they've already been up there and are re-entering.

After I re-entered the ball...I found Birdy, Mandy, Robyn, Heather & McPerson from the good old Lawrence lab. I was psyched and had a drink and chat with them. There were unlimited champas, beer and wines throughout the whole level, so I was really taking advantage of this. Before long, Ginger & PowPow found me and we were ecstatic!! The view of Melbourne was AMAZING from the 89th floor, yes did I just say that it was FREAKING AMAZING!

Me & Lawrence lab

Apart from hanging out with the ACBers, there was in general...just a hell of a lot of DRINKING and drinking and drinking and drinking. Ginger and I danced a bit to the bands...but not many people seem to be dancing...so that was a little disappointing. Nonetheless ... drinking was good and they also had really nice mad gourmet finger food. The peaking duck and also the fried sesame coated prawns were my favourites! Drink-wise I stayed away from the wines (especially after what happened to me at The Order of Melbourne loL). I had loads of raspberry champas and crownies! Before I was too gone I took some photos, but I couldn't be bothered pulling out my camera all the time so I actually don't have that many photos of the night :(

Stewie, Ginger & Me

Markdot, Stewie & Me

Stewie looking sauve

"Love Birds"

Stewie & Marina

Rachael, Anna, Ginger, Stewie & Me

I do remember finding a guy with extreme kool pants...they were like covered in little tiny soft toys lOL....PowPow and I wanted to steal some...but he said that we couldn't coz they weren't his pants...so we took a photo instead :( Oh, and KT pulled the same ticket trick and got her other two friends Lisa and Kath into the ball too....how funny....can't believe I forked out $95 for this!

PowPow, Me, Kool Pants guy & another random

Anyhoo...the after party was at The Boulevard just near by. To be honest...I had no recollection of leaving the Eureaka tower or getting to The Boulevard...but I was later to be informed by "The Adorable Dancer" that he had to piggy back me there...while Ginger and PowPow was slapping my ass! How totally random?!! Not much memory of the after party except that everyone got in easy...even with out a ticket, dancing a little...wondering like a lost-ie coz I turned into a complete ADHD drunk (loL). Looking through my camera, I found a photo of Hairy Melon and me taken at The Boulevard, even though I don't remember it being taken at all (loL). I totally forgot about my bottle of champagne and Bec and to take it home for me (Thanx Bec)! I'm surprised that I even remembered to collect my door price after the actual ball...or do I have to thank someone for this too?!

Hairy Melon & Me

Overall...wouldn't say it was the best night out ever...but it was great to drink and be stupid with everyone and also it was fun to get all dressed up ;)

For all the pics please visit:
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/dancinghula/PostGradBall14907

No comments: