Sunday 23 September 2007

Room (21.9.07)

For the whole past week I've not only become addicted to MaxiBons....but I have also officially become a MSN whore (loL). There was not one night last week that I got to sleep prior to 1:30am, hence being totally buggered at work and living off a minimum of 3 cups of coffee per day. I have developed a bad habit of coming home tired...sitting myself down in front of my laptop with dinner and just chatting away while mucking around on the Internet. Yes, sad I know... my head would tell me to get off my lazy ass and do all the chores that need to be done...but no...I go on to procrastinate until I realize it's midnight...then I procrastinate some more before I get so tired that my eyelids start drooping. This is usually when I finally stumble upstairs and get ready for bed. Thanx to this new bad habit, my snoozing habits in the morning reached a new low. For the first time in my life, instead of extending my snoozing time, I actually managed to turn off my alarm clock half asleep. Before I knew it, it was already 8am and I had to get ready in 9 mins to make my usual train (which I actually did surprisingly).

So coming home from work last Friday was nothing out of the ordinary...I was tired and the sleep debt had built up to the point where I had to power nap when I got home. I didn't have any plans set in concrete, so when Ginger asked me to go to her mate Mikey's event at Room-Glenferrie Rd for their little nerdy "Golden Key Society", I was like..yea OK. Having grown up living in Balwyn and attending private girls schools in the area of Hawthorn...I have actually surprisingly never gone to Room before, or in fact any other clubs/bars in this "private kids dominated area", where the crowds are pretty under-age and all the girls want to be Paris Hilton splashing out "daddy's money". I always kinda knew that the crowd wouldn't exactly be my cup of tea...so I wasn't exactly shocked when we rocked up and the crowd was more so on the younger side. There were cheap drinks and all the money collected was going to the Ian Thorpe Foundation...so at least it was all for a cause! Having said that...there were some old sleazy men that were just random and totally desperate. Actually...thinking back, I was surprised at how sleazy all the guys were at Room, and how that they all pretty much had no social skills. I mean, they didn't even try chat to you first before trying to dance with you. No joke, after stepping into the club, some random guys just started straight away to try pick Ginger up...hilarious! The music was pretty horrible...but danceable so i guess we tried our best to ignore the crowd and just groove.

SJ, Ginger & Me

Mikey, Ginger & Me

President of Golden Key Swinbourn,
SJ, Mikey & Ginger

Ginger, SJ, Mikey & Me

The place took a while to pack out...think later on there was some after party because guys started to show up in suites and all. The music did get a lot better for a little while and we all danced in the huge cage hanging up and did our best pole dancing moves so that was fun. So I guess even though the crowd or music wasn't so great, we just had fun anyways among ourselves. There was this area that had a fake life size cow, Random! It was fenced off and a security guard was standing there guarding the area. He wouldn't let us ride it so that was a shame...would've been funny! We didn't' bother going anywhere else coz we weren't going to have a big night. That was going to be reserved for Sat night! Not to mention both Ginger and I had a 8:30am dentist appointment. So by around 1am we left and got a lift home from Ahmen!

For all the pics please visit:
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/dancinghula/Room21907

No comments: