Sunday 12 August 2007

Coming out of Hibernation (10.08.08)

After being sick with the IBRO virus and being home ridden for a week...I was totally ready to come out of hibernation :P so I did! I had all this energy just slowly building up inside of me over the week (sorry to everyone at work that had to put up with my hypo-ness), so when MallyMoodle told me about Lydia's going away drinks with free champagne, I said "yes mam"!

Well...Friday morning actually started off disastrously. I had told MallyMoodle that I would dress up for going to Charlie's bar...however, after a late Thursday night I literally woke up at 8:00am after snoozing for like 30mins...so there was no chance in hell that I was going to figure out what I was going to wear let alone pack anything. So I chucked on my jeans and my T and was out the door running to the station in 10mins. The best I could do was wear my Mollini pumps....so much for dressing up (lol)! I swear by 5pm on Friday I was feeling so disgusting coz I had worn this same T for 2 days already, I guess I pretty much felt like a bloke (lol).

Anyhoo....after work we met up with Ginger and headed to Charlie's Bar in Hardware lane and went for the free Champas, it was a nice little bar downstairs and MallyMoodle's mates were nice to chat to, so it was a good start to the night!


After a couple of hours the crowd started to disappear and there was no more free champagne so we decided to head to The Order of Melbourne. It worked out quite well coz it was around 9pm & Davo had just finished work thus he came and picked us up. Yay! free ride..thanx Davo! As Ginger, me, Bec & Ebony walked out towards Lonsdale St...I heard some people yelling out my name...naturally I turned around...and there was Mukie, Michelle and their mates sitting down having a drink. By this time I was quite happy as I'd had about 4 champagnes and the bubbles had started to get to my head....so I said hi with all my enthusiasm before moving on. It was so funny when we got into Davo's car. First of all he didn't realize that there was 4 of us....thus the state of his backseats were...hm...lets just say appalling as usual! After shoving everything on to the floor we were off. It's such a small world...and it just keeps getting smaller! Bec and Ebony found out that Davo is a fellow Dendenong resident and in their semi drunken state....they got really excited (especially Bec)...and started blurting out names of schools, streets and friends to see how connected they are (sorry Davo if you got freaked out)!

Some of you may already know this, but in the last month or so...I started to really get into my wines...especially the lighter reds. However, my nights out still consisted of beers, shots and spirits as they are what I've been drinking for years, so I guess in a way I know how to pace myself better with these drinks. This all changed on Friday night....I decided that I was going to get out of my comfort zone...and just go for the reds after all the champagne. Wrong decision! I expected the reds to have a similar effect on me as the beers and the other usual drinks that I normally have. But I was wrong...dead wrong! One lesson I have learnt from Friday night is that...red wine kinda has a much more "delayed" effect on me compared to the other drinks. Instead of going through the scale of being happy tipsy...slightly drunk...then to the point where I can tell that I should stop (otherwise I'll be sick)....It was literally...like being happy tipsy...then the next thing I know I'm chucking up in the toilets with a really heavy head and being really sleepy. The funny thing is...I think I only had two glasses of the Platypus Pinot Noir (man this wine was really good) before it all hit me later. I mean the fact that I had no dinner may have contributed but still...I was expecting a more gradual effect. So much for "not going to have a huge night coz I'm suppose to have a massive one Sat night for Liz's 23rd".....I got completely trashed @ The Order (Shame on me)! Here are some pics from The Order when I was still conscious before the evil red wine took over:



After being totally looked after by PowPow and Ginger (thanx I luv you guys)...we eventually made it home...and apparently I even chucked a little when I got home...and Mum saw...lets just say she was NOT impressed. Ginger gave me the lo-down Sat morning while I was trying to get over my mini hang over before taking mum to the airport...coz I couldn't remember bits of the night. Apparently, after I was sick...I got all really apologetic & embarrassed coz work people were there, and was saying sorry to everyone (soz to all that had to see the ugly scene). I also looked through some of Ginger's photos...and there were a couple that I had no recollection of...eg.there was one of me and Davo...and it looked like we were dancing...so I was like "I don't remember this shot"...and Ginger was like "oh yeah...that was funny, you guys weren't dancing...Davo had to hold you up..."...hahahah.....and PowPow decided to totally take advantage of me while I was semi-unconscious and took all these shocking photos of me being sick in the toilet (aarggghhhh...):




Well, what can I say...I guess all I can do is laugh! It was hell of a way to come out of hibernation ;P


For rest of the pics from Charlie's Bar & The order of Melbourne please visit:
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/dancinghula/CharlieSBarTheOrderOfMelbourne100807

No comments: