Monday 29 October 2007

Friday night out & Musicircus (26.10.07)

After work on Friday I met up with Ginger in the city and we headed to Smith St. to checkout Co-Lab. It was a fashion T-shirt launch which displayed some of Cindy's mate's designs. We got there before the launch begun, so instead we checked out Collingwood Gallery which was literally next door. There was an art exhibition on, displaying lots of Japanese fusion art work. It was actually pretty good shutff. We enjoyed a glass of rose while browsing through the gallery. Afterwards, we grabbed dinner at SoulFood, a vegetarian place across the road. It was YUMMY!

Eventually after dinner, Ginger and I made our way to Co-Lab. and met up with Lisa, Cindy and PowPow. The launch was in a tiny room upstairs of a travel bookstore. There were some pretty funky designs..but none that really stuck out too much. After Co-Lab we trammed back into the city to checkout John Cage's Musicircuis @ FedSquare, an event of the Melbourne International Arts Festival. Basically there were lots of musicians, dancers, visual artists and poets performing at the BMW Edge simultaneoulsy. We were able to move around and explore the works by local and international artists, and sometimes even take part. It was very interesting and intriguing.






After Musicircus we headed towards Loop Bar. It was a nice little joint with good music... however the place wasn't really "happening", maybe coz it was still early with the older, work crowd still around, or it couldn've been because of uni exams...
Anyhoo, Ginger, Lisa, Cindy and I decided to get some drinks and we all ordered really nice cocktails/martinis....the only downside was that the bar tender took forever to make them :(


We didn't stay at Loop for long...people had been messaging me heaps to see where I was so that they could meet up...there was quite a bit of pressure I felt, for me to find a place that was "happening" which really sucked. Anyhoo...we ended up heading to the roof top bar to meet up with Mukie and Ini...only to be told that it was full house...bummer!! So then we went to the Kitten club to say Hi to Ben. By that time, Cindy and Lisa were pretty bored i think...and plus Cindy had been up since 4am...so they were ready to call it quits. All the walking around and finding places had taken its toll on our feet as well as our morale. So Ginger decided to abandaon me and go home earlier with Lisa and Cindy :( I must admitt that I was very very tempted to just leave too...but because I'd finally met up with Mukie and Ini...and it had been a while since I've partied with them....I decided to stay out and make the night fun, no matter where we ended up.

So....3rd Class it was, I guess 3rd is one place that I've always had a good time at ....so that's where we went. PowPow had confirm by text that 3rd usually goes off on Fridays. It was kinda worrying coz when Mukie, Ini and I turned up outside it was dead quite with no line at all. I spoke to some random dude that was just sitting out side (coz he had been kicked out for trying to sneak mates in) to make sure that there were people inside...and also to grab a guest list name off him. He reassured me that it was going off and told me to use DC's list. So I did!

Compared to the last 2 times I had been to 3rd this Friday night was empty as....but then it was only 12am. The place did eventually fill up quite a bit...but they had a different DJ ;( It wasn't exactly the kool elecktro that I was expecting. The sound was something more along the lines of your generic house, a little electro...anyhoo....in comparison to before the music was shit! But I had fun anywayz, coz i just wanted to dance like there was no tomorrow! Plus, I really like the crowd at 3rd...people are more chillaxed, less pretencious and just more easy going. I bumped in to Jeremy again...(haha...you are such a regular) and also Andy (if that's your real name loL), the dude that apparently runs the night there and works at Central Station sometimes! Also met a couple of guys when I was just chilling in the open area, there was Steve, Adam and some Americans...and a kool chick from Kew...haha...RANDOM chats are fun ;P PowPow, Josh and Ben came a bit later on and met up with us and we all danced like there was no tomorrow!

So, for how the night started...it actually turned out not as bad as it could've. Well...speaking for myself...I still had a lot of fun at 3rd ;P I shared a cab home with Ben, Mukie and Ini coz Josh only had one space left in his car...and I couldn't abandon my biomeds!! I'm just glad that Mukie and Ini survived a non-R&B night out! I'm so proud of you guys loL!!

No comments: