Sunday 24 June 2007

Visiting SeBear @ Macedon (24.6.07)

SeBear had generously invited the biomed crew up to her relatively new mansion at the Bolobek Lake Estate in Macedon a few weeks ago. So today Markdod, our designated driver (thank you Markdod!) picked up Taba and me round 9:45amish and we began on our mini road trip to Macedon ;) There were lots of chit chat along the way and also very tasty banana cake. I actually woke up too late to have proper breaky...so thanks Markdod...once again you cooking saved my rumbling stomach!

After an hour or so of driving and getting lost a tiny bit...we finally arrive at
SeBear's lovely new house! It was amazing inside with lots of beautiful decorations all round. The place had transformed from just wooden frames with concrete floors and a ladder leading to the 2nd floor (last time I visited the building site) to a magnificent house with nice wooden floor boards, a "WOW" staircase, beautiful furniture & interior design. I have to say...the Berrimans have done a super duper job! Every room I saw and every corner I turned, I was like "OMG...I love this place...I want!" (if it wasn't for the fact that it takes about an hour to get to the CBD...I would love to live here). After raiding SeBear's pantry and making lots of tea, we decided to drive up to Daylsford and have a poke around. The weather was freezing....I knew it was going to be colder inland....but I didn't know it was going to be THIS COLD. It was extremely chilly and every time there was a breeze (even if it was a little one)...you could really feel the chills to your bones. Daylsford was another 45mins drive from Macedon...so no need to say, by the time we got there....we were STARVING! So we had a little walk around town and found a nice bakery to have lunch. Most people opted for the pies (which looked and smelt really delicious) but I was so cold that I just wanted hot soup...so I got the pumpkin soup which was quite tasty I must admit....I wouldn't rate it much lower than my mums.

We all headed to the Daylsford Sunday market after our stomachs were all satisfied. The market wasn't so great...some stalls just had random junk that people don't' want (which is fair enough), there were a couple of gloves/socks stalls, some soap stalls and there was one really funny stall owned by some asians....and they were selling just your everyday soy sauce and Asian cooking sauces....(lol), I guess you don't get that kind of stuff in their super markets???! oh, and there was a crazy extreme bogan lady that was singing while looking out of her mind...and I think Taba got scared. I bought some nice smelling lemon incense and a jar of orange rhubarb jam for mum. It was funny coz after buying the jam.....i realized that the used by date was "March 07"....hm....so i was a bit worried. I went back and asked the lady about it and she was just like....oh that....that's not a big deal...the lady that was making the jam was really really tired, staying up till really late making the jam...so it's just a typo...blah..blah....She wasn't exactly that convincing....and i was constantly like "um.....so what's the date meant to be"....and she just kept going on about how the jam lady was really tired etc....then eventually she said that the expiry date was suppose to be "March 08".....to be honest...i don't know how much i should believe her....but I so CBFed at the time so just said ok....then left. So if my family gets sick after we eat this jam.....DON'T TRUST THESE MARKET PEOPLE IN DAYLSFORD!

After the Sunday market we headed to the Convent Gallery to have a quick look around then headed to a nice chocolate cafe (sorry I can't remember the name of this place). Apparently their "decadent hot
chocolate" is AMAZING....but I opted for the coffee coz I wanted some of their lemon flan. I couldn't handle a tall glass of full on hot chocolate with double cream and the flan together...just seemed too rich. This decision I later regretted a little because it just looked so good and seeing everyone else sipping on their "decadent hot chocolate" made me really want some! *sigh* maybe next time. Nonetheless, the coffee and lemon flan was delicious! Time was flying by (i guess this is what happens when you have a good time) and before long it was time to head back to SeBear's so we could all head back to Melbourne.

However, after another 45
mins drive back to Se's place....we all decided that we needed more tea....and Alice (the fire starter) made us a cosy fire...so the marshmallows came out along with the assorted biscuit/snacks tub. We had fun toasting marshmallows or licorice in my case (don't try it...it doesn't work...just use the microwave). In summary, lots of eating & tea drinking (jeeze...surprise surprise) and just general catching up....and teasing Markdod heaps about her boi (lol). It was a fantastic day and I hope we all do it again soon! Oh, and before i forget...shame on the boys....for not showing up!!









For the rest of the pics go to:
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/dancinghula/VisitingSeBearMtMacedon24607

No comments: