Monday 2 July 2007

My weekend of Gyming & Baking (30.6.07 - 1.7.07)

Well...I'm ashamed to say...YES...I'm now officially a member of the evil FF (or aka. Fitness First) Empire that is slowing taking over the world *sigh*. Why?? Why have I betrayed even my own self beliefs?? Well...simply because....this whole full time work thingy m'jigy has reduced what little I had of a metabolism to ---> what metabolism...?? Seriously....in high school there were inter-school competitions and also PE classes. In undergrad. and honours there was lots of moving around between lectures, shopping between lectures....and just more activities in general. Now...there is 8 hours worth of sitting in front of a microscope, a cryostat, a computer or just sitting in the tea room (and sometimes the Phd room)! So, apart from the bad posture that i've picked up. I'm definitely feeling like a complete utter BUM. However, thanks to my good buddie Kazza..who is already a member of the evil FF empire...I have now found my place in the gym.

Apart from being a computer retard...surprise surprise...that's right! I'm also a complete gym retard. I went for the first time last Saturday...and couldn't really figure out how to program the treadmill or the cross trainer. For those people that know how these things work...it's actually really difficult to be running and at the same time trying to be co-ordinated, whether it's for changing your speed settings, getting your water bottle or simply your towel to wipe your disgusting sweaty face! But not to worry, I have booked myself in for an orientation session this Thursday...so I can be educated (this'll be totally interesting lol).

Regardless of my cluelessness this Sat, Kazza and I still had a good time at the gym! We then went to Replete, which is a really really cute, cozy cafe on Barkers Road for brunch. I got the Omelette and Kazza got the Corn relish! Must say...best food ever! After quickly dropping Kazza back home I rushed to my first ever physio session for my back. This deep tissue message thing is so brutal...and OUCHY! The physio also does this pressure point thing...by pressing on certain areas of certain bones....and it felt like he was literally going to crack me open! Anywayz, quick summary...lotsa pain...but afterwards..felt a little better...but at the same time totally bruised...hm....should i be going back for more???

After a quick shower when i got home....SeBear & Taba showed up at my door step and it was time for some scone making and afternoon tea! I've never made scones before...but they taste so so good and were surprisingly easy to make! (wah....i'm getting so tired now...but no bed time till I finish this blog entry otherwise it'll never happen, lol) How about we let the pictures do the talking:

fruit scones "before"

fruit scones "after"

fruit scones "cooling"

YAY! Afternoon tea time!

Oh, and Sunday was just a quiet relaxing day...nothing much happened..except I tried to make Apple & Blueberry Friands....that didn't turn out quite right. The texture was wrong..tasted more like muffins...even though i did a muffin tray but with lotsa almond meal...hm.....maybe I've gotta find a better recipe??


No comments: