Monday 16 July 2007

A Super Duper Saturday

I had such a good Saturday this weekend! There was good company (Yay!...go Kazza, Taba & SeBear), lots of eating nice food and also a Mukie house party to top the night!

So it all begun with a nice little work out with Kazza at the gym, bright and early. I am ashamed at my gym effort last week as I only went for one day...but i did have yoga Monday and Tuesday though......After a really nice gym session, I got home.....cleaned myself up and just bummed around a bit...just so nice and relax...exactly what I needed after a stressful week.

SeBear popped over after her work and after she ravaged an apple (coz she had a massive apple craving) we cooked dumplings and my homemade wantons for lunch with some heated up frozen veggies! Meanwhile, I had a huge olives and hummus dip craving so i downed lots of olives and lots of crackers with hummus dip while we were cooking! So no need to say we were so so so so so so so so full after our lunch and very extremely content.

We eventually made our way to Taba's place (Soz taba for the wait!) and then we went bed & mattress shopping...as I have had a sore and pretty screwed up back for most of this year, mostly from bad posture at work and also probably coz my mattress is like over 15 yrs old! So our first stop was Harvey Norman on Warrigal Rd. It was actually kinda fun hopping onto all these beds and just testing them out....I so should've brought my camera...but totally forgot. Otherwise we could've captured images of us three wiggling on the beds and laughing our heads off and "testing" the springs and firmness of the beds...lol it was funny. The most disturbing things were these latex foam beds...they were so so weird...it was like when you lie down, you just keep sinking...and sinking...and sinking.....and it was really impossible to get back up coz you kept sinking when you tried. We saw this brand...think it was called "Rendezvous Latex", and we were all like...hm...that should be a condom brand lol!

Anyhow.....we then ventured down to the Monash Home maker's centre and I swear...it's been such a long time since i drove so far out...it was so whoop whoop for me...i think it's because I haven't driven for a while...let alone anywhere over 30mins from my house. So we get there....and half the shops were shut down or something...so we were like...hm....dodgyville! We checked out Forty Winks there....but it was a really small shop so nothing impressive....and we also checked out this other store that was really really cold inside....and as Taba puts it "the $2 shop for beds" (lol), so no luck there!

By this time we were all pretty sick of bed & mattress shopping so we headed home and had afternoon tea! After lounging around for a couple of hours...we headed to Noodle Kingdom in Box Hill for dinner. I swear, they have the best noodles there...and bonus......HAND MADE NOODLES! So going back there every weekend to try something different coz everything on the menu look bloody fantastic! After our very fragrant and satisfying soup noodles I bought 2 bottles of wine and then we headed to Mukie's bash! But not before we laughed ourselves to death coz we saw this Asian dude in tight ass jeans with ...check this out "LEG WARMERS"!

No comments: