Tuesday 31 July 2007

PAs, The Simpsons Movie & Seven (27.07.07)

Many thanx to princess MallyMoodle that a bunch of us got department subsidized movie tix to THE SIMPSONS MOVIE last Friday! We started the night off at PAs (surprise surprise) after work and just chillaxed with a couple of drinks and dinner. MallyMoodle enlightened me with her burger munching technique, it's a must learn for me coz i can never actually eat my burgers the way they should be eaten. Most of the time it's just falls apart and I end up eating burger bits. I was all pumped and ready for a big weekend last Friday especially after my super random and slack weekend previously, it was going to be the movie, then "winter wonderland" @seven nightclub with Ginger and her mates! PAs was nice coz it's been a long while since I've been back with work people, actually i think it's been a while since i hung out with work people period (unless there's something i can't remember right now....which i won't be surprised coz I'm as sick as a duck!). I think one of the highlights of PAs was MallyMoodle's super hardcore punch at John the Builder's (JtB) jaw bone! Hahaha.....so here's what went down: I was wearing "Be delicious, green apple" by DKNY and JtB asked me about it....so after talking about perfume (as you do) for a bit...MallyMoodle walks into the conversation and holds out her wrist to ask JtB whether he knew what she was wearing, so he first smirks, then replys: "I dunno?....Lebanese sweat??!" No need to say, this obviously enraged MallyMoodle enough for the knuckles of her right fist to accidentally land on JtB's jaws, putting him into...hm...let's just say quite a bit of pain (while the rest of us laughed our heads off)!

AD@PAs

So after PAs we made our way to the Simpsons movie @ Melbourne Central (Thanx JtB & Peter for the rides)! I had this fear that I'd hate the movie coz I luv the simpsons and so had high expectations. Fortunately I was proven wrong, I actually really enjoyed the movie and I think it's definitely worth seeing if you are a simpsons fan! The 90min episode begins by mocking its own audience for paying good money to see what it can watch at home for free and proceeds from there through the most wickedly funny arsenal of assaults on big government, organized religion and corporate America. In a nut shell, it all begins with a pig - the adorable little oinker that homer saves from becoming tomorrow's Krusty burger, with whom he develops an inseparable bond. Homer's dumping of it's prodigious poop into lake Springfield causes massive environmental damage. Thus president Schwarzenegger (who is elected to "lead" and not to read...lol) and an overzealous EPA chief rushes to contain the Homer-instigated eco-crisis by encasing all of Springfield in a giant, impenetrable bio-hazard-sphere. I think the movie worked well coz it revisits the series' most enduring situations and themes, but upping the ante just enough to lend everything a new level of suspense. This time round, Homer doesn't merely put his own family in jeopardy, but nearly wipes Springfield itself off the map! Anyhoo...go see it!!




Ok, so after the movie, PowPow and Ginger picked me up from Latrobe st and we head to Manchuria for a bit to meet up with Lisa, Cindy and their mates before heading to Seven nightclub. I got a rose...can't remember the brand...but it was really nice...and I met Mitsu...who is a German-Jap, who spoke with the cutest accent, and was just really pleasant to chat with! Don't have much to say about seven except that I had a awesome time dancing with everyone....i think i enjoyed it coz everyone was really in for a good time and a good dance.....even though the crowd was.....hm....you know how Asian clubbing crowds are...there was this weird incident where KT & I were heading to the ladies....because it was so so packed she was holding one of my hands and leading me....and all of a sudden my other hand was being held...so i looked around and some random sleazy guy just kept holding my hand and tried to talk to me etc....and i was just like...what the hell....i just want to go to the loo...for gods sake....Unfortunately I don't have any photos coz i left my camera in PowPow's car.....so hopefully i can grab some of Lisa sometime. Anyhoo....I had a good time with free sohos and all, we left by 3:30amish coz PowPow was buggered....which suited me coz i had get up early the next day for Kazza's b-day celebrations :)


No comments: